Thankfully my family doesn’t have egg allergies, but sometimes I start making a recipe without checking for all the ingredients. It’s a flaw of mine, and recently I realized I had no eggs. Yet I had already dumped some flour, sugar, and cocoa together to make brownies. I quickly regrouped and thought that’s okay, I will make brownies without eggs. And to be honest, they are incredible. They are much more fudge-like than traditional brownies and I am a huge fan!
-3/4 cup flour
-1 cup granulated sugar
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-2 teaspoon baking powder
-1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
-1 stick melted butter
-2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
-1/2 cup plain yogurt*
-1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
-1/2 cup nuts (optional)
*I used vanilla yogurt and omitted vanilla flavoring, it had a less chocolate-y flavor maybe, but I enjoyed it.
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Mix together flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a bowl. Sift in cocoa.
3. Add butter, cream together
4. Add yogurt and vanilla extract
5. Add chocolate chips and/or walnuts if desired
6. Pour into greased 8×8 pan
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
8. Enjoy with powdered sugar dusting or as is!