When it comes to the Dollar Tree it should come as no surprise that some items are not a good buy. While it seems like items for $1 would be better than items at say Walmart for more, it’s important to remember quality and price per ounce. With that being said there are fifteen things that are always excellent to pick up from the dollar tree!
1. Party supplies- the selection of solid color table cloths, plates, cups, and decorations is excellent and at only $1 each you can outfit the whole shindig without breaking the bank! That’s worth partying in itself.
2. Books- not all books are worth reading, but there are often popular books waiting on the shelves of the Dollar Tree. Kids board books at only a dollar is a bargain also! Compare to $3-5 at other stores!
3. Greeting cards- flip a card over at the Dollar Tree and expect it to say $2-6, but that’s not what you will pay! Find the perfect card for a great percentage off here.
4. LA’s Totally Awesome Cleaner- this cleaner is an all purpose cleaner that can get a wide variety of stains out, it is a must have in your supply closet. And yes, it is $1, but it really does work.
5. Seasonal items- there is bound to be a large selection of seasonal items in your local store, the decor is a great buy to spruce up your home on the cheap.
6. Makeup brushes- often times DT will carry brand name items such as ELF. The brushes that are regularly $3+ are just $1! It’s a perfect time for the makeup gurus to stock up.
7. Storage containers- there are multiple options for baskets and plastic top containers. Ready to do some organizing? Dollar tree will be your best friend!
8. Craft supplies- in recent times there has been a massive increase in what DT has labeled their “Crafter’s Corner”. There is now a good variety, if you have a project you want to complete check here first to get the most bang for your buck.
9. Puzzles- there are lots of licensed character puzzles that are good quality and lots of fun!
10. Pregnancy tests- yes they are cheap, and yes they work. Skip the more expensive brands and stock up from DT.
11. Diaper trash bags- when your child goes #2 and there is no trash can around, or even if there is, somewhere to put that stinky diaper is essential. Dollar Tree has handy bags that come in packs of 70! Great to have in your diaper bag so you aren’t stinking up your relative’s house (speaking from experience).
12. Glassware- mugs, plates, drinking glasses, and bowls are just some good buys when looking in this section! No more buying whole sets you don’t need.
13. Picture frames- there is always a good selection of frames, check DT before heading to a more expensive store.
14. Gift bags- the price of the bag really doesn’t matter so why spend more? Grab you a cheap bag and some tissue paper for your next present.
15. Sunglasses- with a good variety of sunglasses for kids and adults you really can’t go long checking here.
There are so many products in the Dollar Tree. It really is a fun experience just to walk the aisles and see what you can find.