FAYETTEVILLE- After a much-needed non-conference win over Florida International, the Hogs will end their 2023 season on Black Friday with their annual post-Thanksgiving Day game with the Missouri Tigers. Missouri will travel to Donald W. Reynolds Stadium for a 3 p.m., nationally televised game with the Razorbacks.
Here are some preview notes of Friday’s game as provided by the University of Arkansas:
MISSOURI TIGERS (9-2, 5-2 SEC)
Head Coach: Eli Drinkwitz (Arkansas Tech, ‘05)
Career Record: 38-22 (5th season)
Record at Missouri: 26-21 (4th season)
ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS (4-7, 1-6 SEC)
Head Coach: Sam Pittman (Pittsburg State, ‘86)
Career Record: 23-24 (4th season)
Record at Arkansas: Same
- Arkansas concludes the 2023 regular season at home against nationally ranked Missouri in this year’s edition of the Battle Line Rivalry. Kickoff between the Hogs and Tigers from inside Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium is scheduled for 3 p.m. Friday, Nov. 24, on CBS.
- The Razorbacks have knocked off at least one ranked opponent in each of head coach Sam Pittman’s first three seasons (2020-22) at the helm. Arkansas, 5-16 against ranked opponents under Pittman, will enter this Friday’s regular-season finale against Missouri seeking its first win
over a ranked foe in four tries during the 2023 campaign.
- QB KJ Jefferson has completed 188-of-294 passes (63.9%) for 2,105 yards and 19 touchdowns while also rushing for a team-leading 432 yards and two touchdowns through 11 games this season. Jefferson, one of only two SEC quarterbacks (LSU QB Jayden Daniels), to pass for
2,000 yards and rush for 400 yards this year, is Arkansas’ all-time career leader in pass completions (624), passing yards (7,909), passing touchdowns (67), total plays (1,481),
total yards (9,770) and touchdown responsibility (88).
- RB Isaiah Augustave made the most of his opportunity in the win against FIU (Nov. 8), breaking loose for 101 yards on 14 carries (7.2 ypc) to lead the Razorbacks to a season-high 323 rushing yards. The true freshman became Arkansas’ second 100-yard rusher of the season, joining RB Raheim “Rocket” Sanders, who rushed for 103 yards at Florida (Nov. 4), as the only Hogs to accomplish the feat in 2023.
- WR Andrew Armstrong has solidified himself as QB KJ Jefferson’s go-to receiver this season, leading the Hogs with 52 receptions for 724 yards and four touchdowns through 11 games. The Texas A&M-Commerce transfer, who is in his first year at Arkansas, has multiple catches in all 11
of the Razorbacks’ games this season and has recorded at least one catch in 27 consecutive contests dating back to his 2021 campaign at Texas A&M-Commerce.
- LB Jaheim Thomas is the SEC’s fifth-leading tackler this season, racking up a team-high 87 total stops with 6.5tackles for loss, including 3.5 sacks, through 11 games. The transfer from Cincinnati has recorded a team-leading five double-digit tackle games this season and has logged six
double-digit tackle games for his career.
RNN Sports photographers Greyson Bagett and John James will be on the field for the Hogs’ final game this season to bring you all of the action in pictures!
Note to Our Readers: Portions of the previous story were sourced directly from the University of Arkansas Office of Communications, Kyle Parkinson.