QUEENS, NY. – The No. 16 Volley Hogs will play their last matches of the non-conference slate this weekend in the Empire State.
The Razorbacks take on Buffalo, St. John’s, and Bryant in the Red Storm Invitational on Friday and Saturday. The Hogs play two on Friday, first the Buffalo Bulls at noon CT and host St. John’s at 7 p.m. CT. Arkansas concludes the weekend’s action against Bryant at 1 p.m.
The Hogs come into the weekend 7-2, and each of their three opponents also have at least seven wins on the season as well.
The team’s match against St. John’s will be the only one streamed, via FloVolleyball. Live stats will be available for all matches.
Scouting the Series: Buffalo
- Buffalo began the season on a 7-0 streak and has only dropped one match so far
- Bulls were selected to finish 3rd in their conference
- Just the second meeting between Arkansas and Buffalo, but the second in the last five seasons
Stat Leaders – Buffalo
- Kills/set: Katrin Trebichavska | 3.39 | 105
- Assists/set: Mandy Leigh | 9.55 | 315
- Digs/set: Maria Futey | 3.33 | 110
- Blocks/set: Abby Leigh | 1.00 | 33
- Aces/set: Katrin Trebichavska | 0.68 | 21
Scouting the Series: St. John’s
- St. John’s head coach Joanne Persico recently celebrated her 550th career win and is in her 30th season with the Red Storm
- St. John’s has one SEC victory this season over Ole Miss, 3-1
- Red Storm have dropped just one set in the last three matches
Stat Leaders – St. John’s
- Kills/set: Erin Jones | 3.65 | 124
- Assists/set: Wiktoria Kowalczyk | 9.79 | 323
- Digs/set: Rashanny Solano Smith | 3.15 | 107
- Blocks/Set: Eleonora Tosi | 0.64 | 15
- Aces/Set: Ludovica Zola | 0.39 | 13
Scouting the Series: Bryant
- Bryant has had the most match action of any of the four teams in the tournament with 11 contests with seven wins in that span
- Bulldogs are the best blocking team in the field and one of the best in the country at 2.12 blocks/set
- First meeting between Bryant and Arkansas
Stat Leaders – Bryant
- Kills/set: Aubrey Lapour | 3.71 | 152
- Assists/set: Carolina Camacho | 5.37 | 220
- Digs/set: Josie Deluga | 3.64 | 153
- Blocks/set: Brookelyn Talmadge | 1.15 | 38
- Aces/set: Carrina Baron | 0.51 | 20
Stat Leaders – Arkansas
- Kills/set: Jillian Gillen | 4.44 | 151
- Assists/set: Hannah Hogue | 11.18 | 380
- Digs/set: Courtney Jackson | 3.85 | 131
- Blocks/set: Sania Petties | 0.97 | 33
- Aces/set: Hannah Hogue | 0.50 | 17
Visit ArkansasRazorbacks.com for the latest information on all things Arkansas Volleyball. You can also find the Razorbacks on social media by liking us on Facebook (Arkansas Razorback Volleyball) and following us on Twitter and Instagram (@RazorbackVB).
Note to Our Readers: The previous story was sourced directly and in its entirety from the University of Arkansas Office of Communications, Emily Polglaze.