The City of Mansfield with assistance from Western Arkansas Planning and Development District is conducting a Low to Moderate Income (MI) Survey.
Each household will be asked to complete an LMI Survey. The purpose of the LMI Survey is to determine if the City of Mansfield is eligible for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds from the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) through the Arkansas Economic Development Commission (AEDC).
The information obtained from the surveys will remain confidential and will only be used for the purpose of determining Mansfield’s eligibility for grant funds.
Eligible projects would include the following:
- senior centers;
- childcare centers;
- local county health units;
- homeless shelters (excludes costs for operation);
- accredited public libraries;
- fire and/or rescue buildings, including fire trucks and fire equipment;
- removal of architectural barriers from city hall or county courthouses for accessibility;
- street, curb, gutter, sidewalk, or storm sewer;
- flood control and drainage;
- tornado-safe shelters;
- water and wastewater
- Water or wastewater service extensions
- Sewer system rehabilitation
- Water wells or other new water sources
- Disinfection equipment/facilities
- Elevated and/or ground storage tanks, pump stations, etc.
- New water lines and/or water line replacement
- New treatment facilities or improvements to existing treatment facilities
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the survey, please do not hesitate to contact Mansfield City Hall or Trace McKenna at Western Arkansas Planning and Development District at 479-785-2651.