By Tammy Moore Teague
Waldron residents and city leaders met together at Dalton’s Place on Tuesday morning during “Community Coffee.”
Mayor Neil Cherry gave updates on several upcoming events throughout the city. Those include:
- Pumpkin Patch – October 13-November 3, Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-4 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. First Kids Daycare, Ministry of First Baptist Church, 57 West 6th Street, Waldron.
- Pickin’ in the Round at “The Hall” on Main Street, 264 S. Main, Waldron – Thursday nights beginning October 18 from 6 p.m.-9 p.m.
- Waldron PTO Fall Fest on Main Street – Saturday, October 20 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Movie & Popcorn – Wednesday, October 24 at 7 p.m. “Chasing the Dragon” at Scott Theater.
- A Revival of Song-Saturday, October 29 beginning at 11 a.m. The United Methodist Church, corner of Main and 6th Streets.
- Christmas Market beginning Saturday, December 1 at the Scott County Fair grounds, 165 Mill Street, Waldron. Begins at 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Special guests included the new Scott County Boys and Girls Club director, a representative from Kindred At Home and District 21 State Representative Stele James. Singers Curtis and Jean Billings were on hand to entertain the guests with some good ole’ gospel music.