Clutter weighs us down and messes with our mental health. When it comes to getting rid of it, it can feel so overwhelming. Where do you begin? Here are 25 easy things to toss right now!
1. Mismatched socks- if the mate isn’t found after everything has been washed and folded, toss.
2. Old chargers.
3. Magazines you have already read, or won’t read.
4. Any beauty products you are no longer using.
5. Out of date medicines
6. DVDs/CDs/VHSs- if you can stream them, chances are you won’t go to the trouble to put them in.
7. Any books you won’t reread
8. Broken pens, pencils, markers, etc.
10. Broken, heavily chewed, or disliked pet toys
11. Tattered or miss matched sheet sets
13. Old Halloween costimes
14. Any appliance not being used
15. Spare mugs
16. Duplicate kitchen items.
17. Unused or hole filled towels
18. Shoes that aren’t used
19. Candles you don’t like the smell of, or won’t use
20. Expired spices
21. Old calendars
22. Extra picture frames
23. Artificial plants or flowers that no longer look good
24. Mismatched tupperware
25. Damaged gift bags
Choose a couple off the list to get you started and keep working for a week. Once you get the ball rolling, who knows what you could declutter! Each item gone is one less to deal with later- remember you eat an elephant one bite at a time.
What do you do with the things you don’t want? Please toss the junk. Anything useable can be donated to a place like Savers that uses money from sold donations to support the Boys and Girls club, if you have something of value Facebook Marketplace makes selling items easy. Other options are apps like Mercari and Poshmark where people are shopping for used items every day! Do not let not knowing what to do with it stop you, now you know of your options. Dive on in!