The Mansfield School Board met in regular session on Monday, April 15 at 6 p.m.
After approving the minutes and financial reports, Superintendent Robert Ross gave his report.
Dr. Jim Best, High School Principal, informed the board that the academic awards assembly will be during the school day at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, May 1. Later that evening, at 6 p.m., the academic banquet will be held at the high school cafeteria. Additionally, the athletic award banquet will be held on Tuesday, May 7 at 6 p.m. Lastly, graduation will be held May 13 at 7
Elementary Principal, Kim Arnold, reported that the kindergarten graduation will be held May 20 and that kindergarten registration will be
Next, the board acted on the following:
- Approved an overnight trip request for the volleyball team
- Renewed the contract for speech, physical and occupational therapists
- Tabled the contract renewal for psychometry services
- Failed to renew the choir contract for 2019-2020 (vote 2-3)
- Approved classified contract renewal for 2019-2020
- Accepted resignation letters from Coach Kent Elmore and High School Principal Dr. Jim Best
“I truly want to thank you,” stated Dr. Best. “You renewed my contract every year…everyone in this room has been good to me, and I will never forget it.”
At 6:26 p.m., the board went into executive session to discuss the hiring of the principal’s replacement. However, upon reconvening, the board took no action on the matter, and tabled it until another meeting date.