The Scott-Sebastian County Regional Library has been around for a long time in the same building at 18 N Adair in Greenwood. It is open Monday from 9am-7:30pm; Tuesday-Friday from 9am-5pm and Saturday from 9am-12pm.
Many people see a library as just having books. However, they also have computers that can be used, places to sit and read, summer activities, events for adults and children and much more.
According to the Library’s assistant, the library’s summer reading program A Universe of Stories began May 28th and is continuing through July26th.
- Kindergarten through 6th grade, meet every Tuesday and Thursday through July 26th at the Westwood Elementary Library from 10am to11am
- Tweens and teens, meet every Wednesday through July 26th at the Scott-Sebastian County Regional Library from 2pm to 3pm
- Toddlers and preschool kids, meet every Friday through July 26th at the Scott-Sebastian County Regional Library from 10am to 10:30am
For kids who love to read, there is a Reading Log where kids ages 8-18 can have their name entered into a weekly prize drawing. For ages 8-12, they get one entry for every 5 books read. For ages 13-18, they get one entry for every 5 hours of reading.
There is also an event called Family Story Night with Princess Leia and Storm Trooper from 6:30pm to 7:30pm on Monday, July 22nd at the Scott-Sebastian County Regional Library in Greenwood.
Adults are not forgotten at the library, for there are crafts in June and July.
- Thursday, June 20 at 10am, making star earrings
- Thursday, July 11 at 10am, making celestial bangle bracelets
- Thursday, July 25 at 10am, Bingo for Books
On Monday, July 1st there is a free PBS film preview of Chasing the Moon at 7pm at the Greenwood Performing Arts Center at 515 E. Gary, provided by American Experience. This film will air on AETN in its entirety each night of July 8-10. This film recreates the journey that defined that generation.
The Scott-Sebastian County Regional Library invites everyone to bring their kids to the summer reading program and for the adults to take part in the events just for them.
A Book Sale will be held on July 4th at the library from 9am-12pm with opportunities for children to get a free book.