Pictured is painted pods on the grounds of Mansfield Tiger Stadium offering options for attending fans
Gametime experiences for players and fans will drastically change this upcoming sports season. Not immune to Arkansas Department of Health directives, Mansfield High School and their opponents will all be following strict guidelines in order to participate in large outdoor or indoor team sports.
Fans of the Tigers will need to familiarize themselves with these updated rules and regulations which will be strictly enforced at any Mansfield sports venue. According to school officials, an overall commitment by community members to follow the rules is imperative for the safety of all participants hoping to complete the 2020-2021 season.
Based upon average attendance from last season, Mansfield audience members should be encouraged that Tiger venues should be able to accommodate any anticipated crowds. With that said there will be capacity restrictions for both the home and visiting crowds.
Tiger Stadium will have “blue tape” restricted zones marked in the bleachers. There will be absolutely no seating in these restricted sections. That reduces actual bleacher seating in the home stands for football games to approximately 550 seats. However, white painted pod squares along the grassy banks and rim would allow an extra 1,000 plus fans to enter for standing room, lawn chair, or blanket accessibility.
The visitor’s side, which will be strictly designated for opposing fans, will have approximately 175 bleacher seats and 1,000 plus overflow seating along their banks.
Tiger Gymnasium will be restricted to approximately 400 people for volleyball home fans. The visitors’ side will accommodate approximately 225 people. Based upon the largest crowds attending home volleyball games in recent years, the MHS arena should be adequate enough to house most volleyball crowds this season.
Mansfield fans should be aware that road arenas may have far less capacity for Tiger patrons. Opposing schools each have their own plans when it comes to allowing visitors into their venue. When limitations are announced, Mansfield will do its best to get the word out to the public through its school website.
When access into road venues is strongly limited, immediate family members of the Tiger players will be offered the first choice of tickets before the remaining seats go public.
It should be noted that many schools are working on avenues for live streaming their contests. When announced, those links will be shared with Mansfield community members.
Mansfield released the following directives based upon information released by ADH. Compliance will be expected of all attending games.
- Face coverings are required for all persons present, except for children under the age of 10 years old.
- Due to increased production of respiratory droplets during yelling and cheering, face coverings should remain in place even when attendees are seated and maintaining a required physical distance. Note: face coverings may be removed in order to consume food or beverages but should be in place immediately afterward.
- A physical distance of 6-feet must be maintained in areas where lines may form such as entrances, exits, concessions, bathrooms, etc.
- Admission will be denied to any person having symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, or having known exposure to anyone with Covid-19 in the past 14 days.
- Anyone 65 years or older or anyone with underlying health conditions such as high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, severe obesity, asthma, or weakened immunity may wish to refrain from entering.
- Understand bleacher seating will be limited and social distance between non-family members should be followed within those bleacher areas as well as any other high traffic areas.
- Consider bringing lawn chairs and blankets to utilize the “overflow pods” and standing room areas marked by white lines especially for groups larger than four people.
- Restrict movements to the home side of the stadium, concessions, and restrooms. Cross-traffic to the visitor’s side is strongly discouraged and forbidden for school-aged children unless with adult supervision.
- Children in the 6th grade or younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Children’s football games, throwing balls, or other such activities drawing a crowd of unsupervised children is forbidden.
- Fans may not enter the playing area before or after the game. That includes no forming run through lines or joining players afterward.
- Home fans should use the main gate to enter. Visitors should enter the west gate by the concession stand. Only participants may use the pass gate on the east end. Crowds should exit immediately after the contest.