Farms and ranches suffering severe damage are eligible for assistance under the Emergency Conservation Program (ECP) administered by the Sebastian/Crawford/Scott County Farm Service Agency (FSA).
For land to be eligible, the natural disaster must create new conservation problems that, if untreated, would:
• be so costly to rehabilitate that Federal assistance is or will be needed to return the land to productive agricultural use
• is unusual and is not the type that would recur frequently in the same area
• affect the productive capacity of the farmland
• impair or endanger the land
A producer qualifying for ECP assistance may receive cost-share levels not to exceed 75 percent of the eligible cost of restoration measures. Eligible socially disadvantaged and beginning farmers and ranchers can receive up to 90 percent of the eligible cost of restoration. No producer is eligible for more than $500,000 cost sharing per natural disaster occurrence.
The following types of measures are eligible:
• removing debris from farmland
• grading, shaping, or releveling severely damaged farmland
• restoring permanent fences
To be eligible for assistance, practices must not be started until all of the following are met:
• an application for cost-share assistance has been filed
• the local FSA County Committee (COC) or its representative has conducted an onsite inspection of the damaged area
• the Agency responsible for technical assistance, such as the Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS), has made a needs determination, which may include cubic yards of earthmoving, etc., required for rehabilitation
Producers who have suffered a loss from a natural disaster may sign up for ECP from July 22, 2019 through September 19, 2019.
For more information about ECP, please contact the Sebastian/Crawford/Scott County FSA Office at 479-646-8300Ext. 2, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm located at 3913 Brooken Hill Drive, Fort Smith, Arkansas.
USDA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER, EMPLOYER, AND LENDER
Persons with disabilities who require accommodations to attend or participate in this meeting/event/function should contact Kaci Crumb at 479-646-8300 or Federal Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339.